Talk about a savory warm soup disguised as a treat!
This pumpkin bisque is full of healthy goodness and nutrition.
Perfect for the colder weather and an easy fix for after your families activities.
In less than 30 minutes you can have your dinner on the table.
Add a salad or a sandwich to complete the meal!
It will leave you plenty of time for homework and a bath before the kids go to bed. And the kids can do the cleanup too!
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 sm. onion chopped
- 1 c. pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In medium saucepan saute onion in butter until translucent, not brown.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth, 2 cups water, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream. Gently heat bisque until hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.