The best meals in my home are fast, hot, easy and inexpensive. This Crock Pot dish by Weight Watchers is all that and healthy too! And 5 points+ ! Rich and tender beef, SO many veggies… This is the way to do pot roast RIGHT. Second helpings are encouraged!Rich and tender beef, SO many veggies... This is the way to do pot roast RIGHT.Click To Tweet
Pot Roast Crock Pot Weight Watchers
Rich and tender beef, SO many veggies... This is the way to do pot roast RIGHT. Second helpings are encouraged! And only 5 points plus WW!!
- 3-lb. raw boneless chuck beef roast (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 14-oz. can fat-free beef broth
- 4 cups carrots cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 3 cups roughly chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup celery cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to high heat. Season roast with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and rotate until all sides are browned, about 5 minutes. Place in a crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cornstarch to the crock pot, including the remaining 3/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Gently stir.
- Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until roast is cooked through.
- Turn off crock pot. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tbsp. cold water. Stir into the liquid in the crock pot. Let sit, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Slice meat and serve topped with veggies and sauce!
If the roast breaks into pieces when you trim away the fat, just cook each piece in the skillet until browned -- the smaller pieces will take less time. Tongs are great for rotating the meat when browning.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1/12 recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 261 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Protein 36 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.