The secret to these cookies is the iron. A good pizzelle iron and knowing how it heats will make or break the outcome. It’s like knowing the difference between cooking with gas or electric. A pizzelle iron can be compared to a waffle iron in the way it works. If you can make a waffle then you can make a pizzelle. Serve these dusted with powdered sugar, with jam on top, or try my favorite with nutella! #pizzelle #cookie See also Ultimate Cookie Bloopers for more recipes!
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. anise seed or extract optional see substitution ideas below
- 1/2 c. UNSALTED butter 1/4 lb.
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add cooled melted butter and vanilla and anise.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture.
- Drop the stiff batter by spoon onto the iron.