Homemade Pizza Calzones are a wonderful lunch choice. Warm gooey cheese, fresh dough and the fillings of your choice make this yummy sandwich a great and satisfying choice for your entire family.
Pizza Calzones Homemade
Warm gooey cheese, fresh dough and the fillings of your choice make this yummy sandwich a great and satisfying choice for your entire family.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni sausage, or any pizza topping of your choice
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Place water, salt, bread flour, dry milk, sugar, and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle.
- After cycle ends, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface; shape into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle. Transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet. In a small bowl, mix together chopped pepperoni and mozzarella. Spoon pizza sauce in a stripe down the center of dough lengthwise; add sausage and cheese filling. Make diagonal cuts 1 1/2 inches apart down each side, cutting within a 1/2 inch of the filling. Criss cross strips over filling, sealing with water. Brush top with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.2g | Protein: 11.3g | Fat: 11.1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 623mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%