Pizza Calzones Homemade are a wonderful lunch choice. Warm gooey cheese, fresh dough and the fillings of your choice make this yummy sandwich a great and satisfying choice for your entire family.
Pizza Calzones Homemade
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni sausage, or any pizza topping of your choice
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Place water, salt, bread flour, dry milk, sugar, and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle.
- After cycle ends, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface; shape into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle. Transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet. In a small bowl, mix together chopped pepperoni and mozzarella. Spoon pizza sauce in a stripe down the center of dough lengthwise; add sausage and cheese filling. Make diagonal cuts 1 1/2 inches apart down each side, cutting within a 1/2 inch of the filling. Criss cross strips over filling, sealing with water. Brush top with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.