Homemade Pizza Calzones are a wonderful lunch choice. Warm gooey cheese, fresh dough and the fillings of your choice make this yummy sandwich a great and satisfying choice for your entire family.
Pizza Calzones Homemade
Pizza Calzones Homemade are a wonderful lunch choice. Warm gooey cheese, fresh dough and the fillings of your choice make this yummy sandwich a great and satisfying choice for your entire family.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon dry milk powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sausage, or any pizza topping of your choice
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place water, salt, bread flour, dry milk, sugar, and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle.
- After cycle ends, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface; shape into a 16 x 10 inch rectangle. Transfer to a lightly greased cookie sheet. In a small bowl, mix together chopped pepperoni and mozzarella. Spoon pizza sauce in a stripe down the center of dough lengthwise; add sausage and cheese filling. Make diagonal cuts 1 1/2 inches apart down each side, cutting within a 1/2 inch of the filling. Criss cross strips over filling, sealing with water. Brush top with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes.
Adapted from AllRecipes
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11.1 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 623 mg
Total Carbohydrates 34.2 g
Protein 11.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.