What can be easier than this bread? A cake mix, pistachio pudding, and sour cream is all you need. Open, dump, mix and bake! In under an hour you have a cinnamon pistachio bread. Add as many drops of food color you want and this becomes St Patrick’s Day ready! For a sweet bread and more green holiday ideas click for my 15 St Paddy’s Sweets or Irish Recipes
Pistachio Bread with Walnuts
- 1 18.25 ounce package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 3 ounce package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries optional
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pudding mix, sour cream, cherries, and food coloring. Pour into prepared pans. In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle tops of loaves with mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool.