For the holiday ham we serve up two different versions. The boneless ham has ginger ale added to the marinade. This recipe includes pineapple, dark rum, and dry mustard create a tantalizing, tropical-inspired glaze for baked ham. They are both so different we usually make one for Thanksgiving and a the other for Christmas. The entire gathering loves this version with the pineapple glaze and look forward to spending a day eating in my home. If you like one pan dishes try my Cheesy Rice Casserole, Pineapple Glazed Ham or Beer Marinated Italian Sausage.
For more ham ideas see How To Use Ham Leftovers
Pineapple Glazed Ham
- 1 Pre-cooked spiral-cut ham Cook as directed.
- 1 pineapple cored and cut in chunks or rings
- ¼ cup dark rum or 1 can diet pepsi
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- While ham warms in the oven, combine ¼ cup dark rum (or diet pepsi), and 1 teaspoon dry mustard in a small saucepan.
- Bring to boiling; remove from heat.
- Brush ham with glaze and add pineapple for the last 30 minutes of baking time; pass remaining glaze.