Pierogi And Sausage Crock Pot ~I married into a Polish family 35+ years ago. In that time they have learned to love my Italian food but I am still trying to master their Polish. I botched cabbage rolls in the first few weeks I was married. ( I couldn’t get them to stay together as nice as I had seen so I used tooth picks under them and forgot to tell anyone.). Also, do you cook the rice before hand? How do you core a cabbage? Any way, I find sausage easy, and pieriogies doable. Now stop laughing! And yes, even though I used tomato juice in them I am still happily married!
Pierogies And Sausage Crock Pot
- 16 oz package of Polska Kielbasa/Polish Sausage sliced (I used the turkey version)
- 1 1/2 peppers sliced (I used 1/2 each of red, green and yellow peppers)
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- bay leaf optional, but adds great flavor
- salt and pepper
- 16 oz package of frozen pierogies
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT pierogies into Crockpot and cook on low appx 6-7 hours. 45 minutes before you’re ready to eat, add the frozen pierogies and turn crockpot to high. If you like some of your pierogies to be browned, spray the exposed parts of your crockpot with cooking spray or brush with butter and lean pierogies against the edges. Those pieces should brown nicely.