Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake ~Think reese’s peanut butter cups. Layers of stacked chocolate and peanut butter make this sinfully delicious cake everyone will love. You will look like you slaved all day making this to die for dessert. Four layers of dark chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting nestled in between. Reese’s Cups placed lovingly around the top to guide you to the right size for each piece. Wicked! Nothing could be better, except a Second piece!
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 Box Chocolate cake of your choice and all ingredients required.
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and four 8-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare the cake per directions on the box.
Make the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Place the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Mix on medium speed until creamy. Add the heavy cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
Assemble the Cake:
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Cover with peanut butter icing. Repeat for all layers. Frost the cake with the remaining peanut butter icing. Refrigerate until set.
- Add fudge topping of your choice. Top with peanut butter cups.