I know, I understand. I have flooded you with cheesecake recipes and I still have more! This peanut butter cheesecake combines my favorite things. Start with the oreo crust. Use the regular oreos or peanut butter filled oreos. Both are awesomely delicious. Top your peanut butter cream cheese filling with an unforgettable semisweet chocolate drizzle. Add peanuts or peanut butter cups as the final touch. the possibles are endless! #peanuts #cheesecake #reeses
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 18 Oreo cookies finely ground
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- small pinch salt
For the filling:
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tsp shortening
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts or 1 cup crumbled peanut butter cups
- Place one oven rack in the middle position, with one rack below. Preheat oven to 350. Place a 13×9 baking dish on the bottom rack and fill with water – this will act as our water bath.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crust with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, and vanilla. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. The batter should be well-mixed, but not overbeaten. Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place on the top oven rack above the water-filled baking dish, bake for 1 hour. The cheesecake should still jiggle a little in the center (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours. Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim. Un-mold and transfer to a cake plate.
- To make the drizzle, microwave the chocolate and shortening in 30-second intervals until melted. Drizzle over the cooled cheesecake and top with crushed peanuts or peanut butter cups before serving.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.