Parmesan White Fish ~A simple yet delicious way to prepare your favorite white fish. Smothered in a buttery Parmesan sauce, the moist flaky fish makes an excellent Weight Watchers dinner recipe idea. Serve with roasted vegetables or salad for a complete meal. Top with dried cherries or any fruit sauce you wish. I suggest peach salsa found here. Cod or Salmon would also do very well with this recipe. Fresh caught fish is also tasty especially when caught by your favorite angler!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent
Parmesan White Fish
- 2 lbs white fish cut into 6 fillets (I used sole)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp light butter at room temp
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried cherries to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly mist a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-fat cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Season fish filets with salt, pepper and paprika and place into baking dish, without stacking them. Brush them with lemon juice. Place in oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until fish starts to flake.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, mayonnaise, parsley, onion powder, and Parmesan together and blend well.
- Take fish out of oven, spread cheese mixture over top and cook until golden brown, about 5 more minutes. Add dried cherry garnish. Serve immediately.