Everyone will love this Panko Crusted Halibut when served over Wild Rice. Halibut is a very heart healthy choice and easy to prepare. Add a parmesan panko topping and serve over wild rice. Pair it with a nice Chante Clair Blanc and a medley of steamed broccoli, red and yellow peppers for an all around perfect meal! Your guests will feel like they have been treated to a special meal and only you will know how easy it was to prepare.
Panko Crusted Halibut Over Wild Rice
- 1 cup wild rice blend such as a blend of long-grain brown, sweet brown, whole-grain black, etc.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 halibut fillets skin removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add wild rice, butter, and salt and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 50 minutes without removing the lid. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes, leaving covered.
- Stir to fluff rice, transfer to plate and top with the halibut.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place a cooling rack on the baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray. Side Note: Cooking the fish on the rack will allow the fish to be crispy on both sides without flipping it over while cooking.
- Combine the panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, garlic powder, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste together on a plate. Dip the halibut in the panko mixture until evenly coated. Place the coated fish on top of the cooking rack.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. Side Note: This step will ensure the panko coating will stay on the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray the top of each piece of fish with olive oil cooking spray. Place the baking sheet with the fish into the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flaky. Remove from the oven and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy.