Looking in the pantry I found three jars of Nutella which I don’t remember buying. Can you believe THAT?! Not like me at all. Being Sunday I decided to make some crepes as a treat. Nutella and bananas seemed like the most fitting filling for us, but there are SO many options you can try. Strawberries & whipped cream, peanut butter & chocolate chips, marshmallow creme with graham crumbs & chocolate and baked apples & cinnamon are just a few. As for the crepes, they turned out perfect- I was quite impressed. The only problem was they were more of a dessert than a brunch. And now the family is spoiled and expecting something wonderful next week too! No rest for the
wicked weary! Have you ever made something great and then had to top it?For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection!
Here are just a few of the delicious crepe recipes on the blog.
Red Velvet Crepes with Strawberries, Nutella Crepes with Fruit, Turtle Crepes with Custard Cream and of course Strawberry Crepes with Peach Sauce.
For more breakfast choices please visit this post, 10 Great Breakfasts.
Nutella Crepes With Fruit
Generously flavored with sweet Nutella spread, this crepe recipe is just as fitting for your dessert menu as it is for the breakfast table.
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour, preferably white whole-wheat
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 12 strawberries sliced
- 3 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Process whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, salt, eggs, milk and oil (or butter) in a blender or food processor until smooth, scraping the sides once or twice. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Slowly whisk water into the batter. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/3 cup batter into the center of the pan; immediately tilt and rotate the pan to spread evenly over the bottom.
- Cook until the underside is lightly browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Using a heatproof silicon or rubber spatula, lift the edge, then quickly grasp the crepe with your fingers and flip. Cook until the second side is lightly browned, about 20 seconds. Slide onto a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, spraying the pan as needed and stacking crepes as you go. If the pan begins to smoke, reduce the heat to medium. Cover crepes with a clean kitchen towel or keep warm in a 200°F oven.
- Stir nutella spread and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl until smooth. Microwave until warm, about 30 seconds.
- To assemble, place a crepe on a clean cutting board. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the nutella mixture. Fold up the bottom and then in the sides to make a burrito shape. Press down on the corners, as necessary, to help keep the crepe folded. Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling.
- Put sliced bananas and strawberries around the crepes. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Place a dollop of whipped cream on and around the finished crepes.
Make Ahead Tip:
Prepare the batter through Step 1 and refrigerate for up to 12 hours; refrigerate crepes between sheets of wax paper and wrapped in plastic for up to 2 days.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.