Wow! I just love apple time in Michigan. We have a family owned farm a mile up the road. They have a huge apple orchard. We enjoy storing many different varieties of apples.
For this Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake you can use jar applesauce, homemade, or use your food processor with a tart apple and pulverize them. You want a texture that well mix with the cream cheese.
Or, as an option use cooked apple slices in the filling. It creates a nice texture and is a real WOW factor.
Being no bake makes this cheesecake a fantastic choice to serve your guests.
Another surprise with this cheesecake is the crust. The standard graham cracker or crushed cookie crust just falls short with this cheesecake.
Instead, the streusel crumble on the top of this apple cheesecake wraps done the sides and under the filling.
This is a true mouth watering surprise. The caveat though is that is does crumble when served. But having a piece of crust to add to each bite, or just eat separately is a delicious option.
My family just couldn’t stop eating this cheesecake. Better make 2 since this one only feeds 8.
You can make this cheesecake ahead of time or even freeze it for later. Just thaw completely and serve!
For more about cheesecakes see 6 Tips to a Perfect Cheesecake Experience .
No Bake Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake With Streusel Crust
- 1 pkg 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened, strained or your own recipe
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tub 8 oz. COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbs (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- chunky applesauce for plate (optional)
- Beat cream cheese, applesauce, sugar and cinnamon with mixer until blended. Gently stir in 2-1/2 cups COOL WHIP.Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, walnuts and salt in medium bowl. Add melted butter and stir with fork until moist clumps form. (May need more depending on desired thickness)
- Press streusel into deep dish pie pan. Save additional crust for topping.
- Pour filling into crust. Top cheesecake with leftover streusel.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
Prepare as directed, substituting 1 cup canned apple pie filling for the cooked homemade apple topping.Food Facts
The following apple varieties are tart in flavor and suitable for cooking – Granny Smith, Winesap, Pippin and Cortland.©MARILYN’S TREATS. All images are copyright protected
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.