Monte Cristo Sandwich ~croissant, ham, swiss cheese, dijon mustard and strawberry jam make this sandwich a unique and tasty surprise. I have seen it with powdered sugar sugar sprinkled on top for the slim and non diabetic folks. I didn’t try one of these until I was in my late 40’s. Before that I only knew it in a joke context. “Why did the Count of Monte Cristo move to the desert? Answer: Because all of the sand which is there! ~Groan~
For more ham ideas see How To Use Ham Leftovers
Monte Cristo Croissant Sandwich
- 4 large croissants
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ pound sliced deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- strawberry jam to taste
- optional powdered sugar
- Cut croissants in half horizantly.
- Spread dijon mustard on the half of the croissant.
- Add 1/4 of the ham to the bottom of the croissant. Top with cheese and jam to taste.
- Warm in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Serve with fresh seasonal fruit cup.Optional: Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.