Monte Cristo Sandwich ~croissant, ham, swiss cheese, dijon mustard and strawberry jam make this sandwich a unique and tasty surprise. I have seen it with powdered sugar sugar sprinkled on top for the slim and non diabetic folks. I didn’t try one of these until I was in my late 40’s. Before that I only knew it in a joke context. “Why did the Count of Monte Cristo move to the desert? Answer: Because all of the sand which is there! ~Groan~
For more ham ideas see How To Use Ham Leftovers
Monte Cristo Croissant Sandwich
- 4 large croissants
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ pound sliced deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- strawberry jam to taste
- optional powdered sugar
- Cut croissants in half horizantly.
- Spread dijon mustard on the half of the croissant.
- Add 1/4 of the ham to the bottom of the croissant. Top with cheese and jam to taste.
- Warm in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Serve with fresh seasonal fruit cup.Optional: Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.