Do you love to make blossom cookies? I do. There are as many versions of dough, kisses or candy, and decoration as there are stars in the sky. Sugar cookies are one of the easiest batters to make and the ingredients are almost always on hand. I call these my drop and plop cookies because essentially that is all you need to do! Mix up the few ingredients, scoop or grab a bit and roll into a ball and place them on a pan. Bake about 7 mins, push your candy in the warm cookie and let those babies cool! Voila’ a great home made treat! For more cookie recipes see Ultimate Cookie Bloopers
Mint Truffle Blossom Sugar Cookies
- 2 pouches Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks unsalted butter 16 Tbs
- 40 Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add cookie mix, eggs and butter. Beat on low about 2 minutes until well blended.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Using a 1 inch cookie baller drop cookies on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Insert one kiss into each cookie ball deep anough to have the dough hug the kiss to about 1/3 up.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until cookie rises. Do not over bake. Cookie may still look white but will continue to cook while cooling on baking pan.
- Remove cookie from pan after cool.