A Generous Arrangement of Romaine Lettuce, Black Olives, Feta Cheese, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Roasted Peppers, Capers, Red Onions and Slivered Almonds. This salad brings together healthy ingredients to satisfy your appetite. Salads for dinnertime are a great idea! They are quick to make as well healthy as long as you watch the types of additions and dressings you add. This Mediterranean salad uses healthy oils, veggies, and cheese. Topped with a virgin vinegar oil and dressing it can’t get any better. A light meal before bedtime will digest well and sit lightly on your stomach so you can sleep deeply and wake up refreshed. And as a bonus it is only 10 g of fat!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber (1/4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Nuts are optional
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, olives, feta, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; toss gently to mix.
- Serve within 1 hour.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.