What is made from hash browns topped with bacon, ham, and sausage topped with two eggs, sausage gravy and cheddar cheese. This Meat Lovers Hash Brown Casserole!
This brunch is great on a Sunday morning when your family can’t decide what they want to eat.
Is is easy to make as a casserole so everyone is served at the same time.
Put hash brown mixture in pan, add the gravy, pour your egg mixture and let the shredded cheese melt all ooey and gooey on their plate.
Give the kids a job and have them make toast or throw a batch of biscuits in the oven while you dish out the casserole!
This Meat Lovers Hash Brown Casserole is a hit for the whole family.
And how often is it the cook can sit down together at the table and eat at the same time?
Meat Lovers Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 pound breakfast sausage hot or mild
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 cups whole milk more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper more to taste
- 6 cups fresh hash brown potatoes about 30 ounces or 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (about 30 ounces)
- 10 eggs
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 cups sausage cut into small pieces about 5 to a link
- 2 cups bacon crumbles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley
- 1/3 cup milk
- With your finger, tear small pieces of sausage and add them in a single layer to a large heavy skillet. Brown the sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Sprinkle on half the flour and stir so that the sausage soaks it all up, then add more little by little. Stir it around and cook it for another minute or so, then pour in the milk, stirring constantly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13×9-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, crack eggs and beat if you are making scrambled.
- Add spices to eggs and stir to combine. I add a bit of milk to make rhem fluffy.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, ham, sausage, bacon and onions.
- Spoon hash brown mixture into the greased casserole. Pour sausage gravy over hash browns. Add egg mixture and sprinkle cheese and parsley over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Cook eggs any way you like. These are over easy, but scrambled works best.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes to set before serving.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.