These traditional chocolate-dipped cream candies are a snap to make, and have a delicious coconut-pecan taste. Traditionally, the chocolate is melted with paraffin wax to give the candies a hard, shiny finish. I dislike the texture and taste of wax, so my recipe omits that step. If you would like to try the traditional method, add 1 block paraffin wax to the chocolate when you melt it.
Martha Washington Candy
Martha Washington Candy ~These chocolate dipped cream candies have a delicious coconut pecan taste.
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups shredded coconut 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper. Set aside.
- Mix margarine, sugar and sweetened condensed milk in large mixing bowl. Add coconut, pecans, and vanilla; mix well, using a sturdy large spoon. Chill until firm enough to handle.
- Form into small balls and place on prepared cookie sheets . Chill until very firm.
- Melt chocolate chips in top pot of double boiler over simmering water. Using a toothpick, dip balls into melted chocolate. Let cool on wax paper.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 4.8 mg
Sodium 14 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 0.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.