Marsala Pork Chops ~Give your weeknight pork chops a makeover with the comforting flavors of Marsala sauce. The combination of the garlic, mushrooms, capers, chicken broth and sherry marinate the pork chops to bring out their flavor while keeping them moist and tender. Add mashed potatoes and fresh cooked seasonal vegetable for a well balanced and healthy meal everyone will enjoy. If you have a garden full of fresh vegetables, now is the time to use them! See also this Parmesan White Fish.
Marsala Pork Chops
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour divided
- 4 4-ounce boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup minced capers about 2
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 8-ounce package presliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup fat-free less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Add capers, garlic, and mushrooms to pan and sauté 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour and thyme to pan, and cook for 1 minute, stirring well.
- Combine chicken broth and Marsala, stirring until smooth. Gradually add broth mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Return pork to pan; cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and Serve.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.