Marilyns Lasagna ~This is the best lasagna I have ever eaten, even if I say so myself. I am so spoiled I won’t eat restaurant lasagna. It is quick, easy, and versatile. Pair it with the vegetable and red wine of your choice and you will be in heaven! Make it with or without meat, just add an extra egg to the ricotta to stand firm.
- 10 lasagna noodles I use prince curly but anything will work
- 32 oz low fat ricotta cheese NOT cottage cheese
- 1 can Kraft parmesan cheese low fat
- 3 eggs large
- 1 large jar chunky vegetable Ragu or make your own
- 3 packages 8 oz mozzarella low fat
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground meat any kind
- 8 oz can or fresh mushrooms
- Salt pepper, Italian seasoning to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Boil water in stock pot until it becomes a rolling boil. Add a pinch of salt to keep the noodles from getting sticky. Add noodles and cook 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- While noodles are cooking, cook and drain meat, if used. Add it to ragu and heat on low.
- Mix together ricotta and eggs in medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove noodles from heat and drain.
Assemble the dish:
- First layer: half the noodles, half the ricotta mixture, half the parmesan cheese, and half the ragu mixture. Top layer with one package of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for second layer using all the left over ingredients. Use both remaining
- Mozzarella cheese packages on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.