Marilyns Lasagna ~This is the best lasagna I have ever eaten, even if I say so myself. I am so spoiled I won’t eat restaurant lasagna. It is quick, easy, and versatile. Pair it with the vegetable and red wine of your choice and you will be in heaven! Make it with or without meat, just add an extra egg to the ricotta to stand firm.
Marlyn's Lasagna is the best lasagna I have ever eaten, even if I say so myself. I am so spoiled I won’t eat restaurant lasagna. It is quick, easy, and versatile. Pair it with the vegetable and red wine of your choice and you will be in heaven!
- 10 lasagna noodles ( I use prince curly but anything will work)
- 32 oz low fat ricotta cheese ( NOT cottage cheese)
- 1 can Kraft parmesan cheese low fat
- 3 eggs large
- 1 large jar chunky vegetable Ragu or make your own
- 3 packages 8 oz mozzarella low fat
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground meat (any kind)
- 8 oz can or fresh mushrooms
- Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Boil water in stock pot until it becomes a rolling boil. Add a pinch of salt to keep the noodles from getting sticky. Add noodles and cook 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- While noodles are cooking, cook and drain meat, if used. Add it to ragu and heat on low.
- Mix together ricotta and eggs in medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove noodles from heat and drain.
- Assemble the dish:
- First layer: half the noodles, half the ricotta mixture, half the parmesan cheese, and half the ragu mixture. Top layer with one package of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for second layer using all the left over ingredients. Use both remaining
- Mozzarella cheese packages on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 27 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 109 mg
Sodium 1013 mg
Total Carbohydrates 35 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 35 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.