Marbleized Pastel Candy Bark ~Looking for a last minute holiday or hostess gift? Try making this pretty marbleized pastel candy bark. It’s a slight twist on the classic candy bark and it’s super easy to make! Just take color combinations that you like and mix them in separate bowls. Allow them to harden and break them up. Serve them together. You can represent school colors, teams, events, anything you want!
Marbleized Pastel Candy Bark
Looking for a last minute holiday or hostess gift? Try making this pretty marbleized pastel candy bark. It's a slight twist on the classic candy bark and it's super easy to make!
- Pure White Candy Melts or white chocolate chips
- Food coloring
- Peppermint extract
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper or Silpat on a flat surface. Begin by melting the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl according to the package directions.
- Once smooth and melted, divide the chocolate into two bowls. Add a small drop of peppermint extract and mix well. Next, add the food coloring to one or both bowls of chocolate and stir until well incorporated. I used two different color combinations for my bark - pink & mint and aqua & white.
- Now, the trickiest part of this project is that you have to work rather quickly so that the chocolate doesn't set up before you finish marbleizing it. I have found that setting the bowls of the melted chocolate in larger bowls filled with very hot water helps to keep the temperature up. Place large spoonfuls of one of the chocolate colors onto your parchment paper or silpat in a random pattern - make sure to place them close together, but not touching. Next, place large spoonfuls of the second colored chocolate next to the first ones, filling in any voids.
- Working quickly, use a toothpick to swirl the two colors together - a figure-eight motion work well. Be careful not to over-mix the colors.
- Allow the chocolate to cool completely (you can place it in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process) and then break or cut it into chunks.
- This pastel candy bark is so pretty and tastes delish! Just wrap some up in a little cello bag with a pretty tag and ribbon and your gift is good to go!
Adapted from Such Pretty Things