Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes ~Roasting sweet potatoes is even easier than boiling and mashing them. Maple syrup glaze transforms this ultra-simple dish into something sublime. These Maple Roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect accompaniment with any main dish. They are low in calories and the vegetables are good for you too. The kids love them and won’t give you a hard time about having to eat them. It is like having dessert during the main meal!
For more Father’s Day ideas see Dad’s Day Delights
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.