Don’t let this presentation fool you. I needed at least ONE cheesecake that was plain. Except this one isn’t. Hidden inside the creamy and light filling is a hint of mango. In your first forkfull you will raise your eyebrows and wonder what that flavor is. I tend to shy away from mango because I am never quite sure if they are ripe. This taste sensation though, mixed into the cheesecake, was a delightful surprise. It definitely is on my list to make again! Maybe as a no bake??
Yield 8 Slices
Hidden inside the creamy and light filling is a hint of mango.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE BASE:
- 8 ounces (about 15 2 1/2-by-5-inch) graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened and cut into pieces
FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 small mangoes (to make approximately 2 cups purée)
- 1 ½ pounds cream cheese
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 6 large eggs
- Juice of half a lime
- Prepare cheesecake base: Place graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor. Process until they are almost fine crumbs. Add dark brown sugar and butter. Process until mixture clumps together like damp sand. Press mixture evenly into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Prepare filling: Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bring a kettle of water to boil. Peel and cut flesh from mangoes and purée in food processor until smooth. Add cream cheese and process until smooth. Add superfine sugar, and with motor running, add eggs one at a time through the processor's feed tube. Add lime juice, and process until blended.
- Place springform pan on a double layer of strong foil. Crimp edges up around pan to make a waterproof nest. Place foil-covered pan in a deep roasting pan. Scrape filling into pan and pour boiling water into roasting pan to come about halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake until filling is set and wobbles slightly in the center (it will continue to cook as it cools), about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Discard foil and place pan on a cooling rack. When cool, refrigerate overnight. To serve, remove from pan and place on a serving platter before slicing.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 45 g
Saturated Fat 17 g
Unsaturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 263 mg
Sodium 497 mg
Total Carbohydrates 72 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 54 g
Protein 12 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.