I just got back from my vacation in North Carolina on the ocean and I am now loving ANYTHING served fresh from the sea. The coming week will be all about shellfish, seafood, and hush puppies served grilled or blackened or raw and even fried. With fresh fruit and garden grown veggies the eating will be good in our home all summer! This lobster and crab salad is worth the trouble of splitting out of the shell. If you prefer you can also use frozen or mock seafood in a pinch. If you want less bread use Pillsbury Grands or dinner rolls for an even tastier treat. You will hear the crashing of the waves when it is served.For more romantic recipes see my Red Velvet Sweetheart Collection! Or for more Lobster see Lobster Dishes For Lovers
Lobster and Crab Salad Over a Warm Roll
This lobster and crab salad is worth the trouble of splitting out of the shell. If you prefer you can also use frozen or mock seafood in a pinch. If you want less bread use Pillsbury Grands or dinner rolls for an even tastier treat. #lobster #crab #seafood
- Kosher salt
- 3 live Maine lobsters, 1 1/4 pound each
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus more if desired
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Dash cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rolls or muffins split open
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup crab meat
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Add lobsters head first to water and cook, covered, until shells are bright red and an antennae or leg pulls off easily, 8 to 10 minutes. Crack one open where the tail meets the body of the lobster. The flesh should be firm, white, and opaque. If it is still translucent, then the lobster needs more time to finish cooking. Drain lobsters head down in a colander to release excess liquid.
- When cool enough to handle, crack lobster shells and remove meat from tails, claws, and knuckles. Tear the meat by hand into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon, celery, tarragon, cayenne, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour over lobster meat and gently stir until lobster is well coated. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more mayonnaise if desired. Chill lobster mixture for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Spread cut sides of buns with butter. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and toast buns, buttered side down, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per bun. Fill each bun with lobster mixture and sprinkle with an extra dash cayenne, if desired. Serve immediately.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Unsaturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 560 mg
Sodium 2080 mg
Total Carbohydrates 23 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 75 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.