Kitchen Sink Halloween Bark ~Almonds, Peanut, Dark Chocolate, Candy Corn, Raisins and Marshmallows! Yep, that is pretty much the entire “must use today” pantry list! This bark is yummy and can be made in the oven or the microwave. Looking for my very own from scratch idea for a Halloween Treat I raided my pantry and this is what I found. I just added a bit of shortening to make it shine. Not quite sure how it would end up, but it was delicious. Not bad for a new recipe developer. What do you think? Please comment after the post!
Have a look at my Zombie Centerpiece for your party food display.
Kitchen Sink Halloween Bark
- 12 ounces chocolate-flavor candy coating chopped (1 cup)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 6 ounces mini marshmallows about 2cups
- 9 ounces candy corn
- Line a large baking sheet or 9x11 pan with heavy foil; grease foil. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine candy coating, chocolate chips, and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring every 30 seconds. You can also use a 10" fry pan and melt on stovetop on LOW FOR ABOUT 8 minutes. Pour chocolate mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread mixture evenly in a layer about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the raisins, almonds, peanuts, candy corn and marshmallows; lightly press into chocolate mixture.
- Chill candy about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy. Cut or break into pieces.