Johnny Appleseed Muffins ~The best part of these Cinnamon Apple muffins is that they are Weight Watchers and only 1 points plus! With apples in season now and a bumper crop to boot, these are a definite must make on my list. We have an orchard just up the street and the trees are so heavy with apples the limbs are bent to the ground. The smell of fresh apples, cider, donuts and the buzz of the bees permeate the air and I can’t wait to get started with my Fall baking. You can add nuts to these muffins if you wish, but I like my first few batches to be pure apple. How do you use up your fall apples? For more apple recipes see An Apple A day. Or these Apple Cinnamon Muffins.
Johnny Appleseed Muffins
- 1 cup s buttermilk baking mix
- 1 large egg s, beaten
- 1/2 cup s 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/4 cup s sugar
- 1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium fresh apple s, Golden Delicious, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp unpacked brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine buttermilk baking mix, egg, milk, granulated sugar and margarine in a medium bowl; pour into 6 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Combine cinnamon, apple and brown sugar in a small bowl; spoon about 2 tablespoons of apple mixture over each muffin. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.