I am a midwestern girl born and raised. To say meat and potatoes are a staple in our home is an understatement. I love seafood but am picky about fish. The heads and tails need to be gone since I despise being looked at by my food. No bones or skin either! This delicious salmon has a glaze that makes it to the top of my list. This healthy dish is part of my summer seafood craze. Add some beans or grilled corn for a complete taste sensation. Whatever you have ready in your garden will do! Serve out on the deck or a picnic table near the lake. Just don’t forget the sweet and salty snacks and a cold beer or glass of wine! This dish is a great choice when you top off the meal with this 5 Flavor Cake by Shelley owner of Taming Frenzy. It is the best pound cake you will ever eat!
Jack Daniels Grill Salmon
Jack Daniels Grilled Salmon With herbs and spices to tantalize your taste buds.
- 4 1/2 lbs fresh atlantic salmon fillets
- fat-free butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced white onions
- 1 tablespoon Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325.
- To roast the garlic for the glaze, cut about 1/2 inch off the top of the garlic head. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat. Remove most of the papery skin, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together. Place the head in a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle the olive oil over it, and cover it with a lid or foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove the garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.
- Combine the water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally until the mixture boils, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out. Measure 2 tsp into the saucepan and whisk to combine. Add the remaining glaze ingredients and stir.
- Simmer for 40-50 min or until the glaze has reduced by about 1/3 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn't boil over. When the glaze is done, cover the saucepan and set it aside until the fish is ready.
- To cook the fish, preheat grill to med/high heat. Remove any skin or bones from the fillets. Brush the entire surface with a light coating of the butter spray. Lightly salt and pepper both sides and place them on the grill at a slight angle so that grill marks will be made. Cook for 2-4 minutes and turn them over. After 2-4 minutes, turn them over at a different angle so that the grill marks will criss-cross. Cook 2-4 minutes more, flip again and cook until done.
- The entire cooking time should be between 8-15 min depending on the thickness of the fillets and the heat of the grill.
- When the fillets are done, remove from grill and spoon a generous portion of glaze over each one. Serve hot.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Unsaturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 87 mg
Sodium 281 mg
Total Carbohydrates 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
Protein 37 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.