Take fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions and Swiss cheese, then roll them into this fluffy omelette and top it with hollandaise and fresh, diced tomatoes. Serve your omelette with your choice tomato, avocado or asparagus! Nothing tastes better than homemade. Trust the ingredients in your food. Hollandaise sauce is a dish I love but have always been afraid to make at home. I saw this recipe and it seemed straight forward so I figured I would give it a try. Voila! In two minutes I had my sauce. Add some cayenne pepper and a side of asparagus and Sunday breakfast was served! Eat healthy with this IHOP Veggie Omelette knockoff #healthy #omelette
if you want my special recipe for the Hollandaise Sauce you will find it by clicking the link.
IHOP Spinach and Mushroom Omelette Knockoff
- 2 eggs
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. milk
- ½ C. spinach leaves chopped
- ½ C. mushrooms sliced
- ¼ C. green onions finely chopped
- ¼ C. Swiss cheese shredded
Hollandaise Sauce: (makes 4 servings)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 1 stick butter 8 tablespoons
- Pinch cayenne pepper or hot sauce if desired
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and sauté spinach, mushrooms, and green onions, until fragrant. Drain and set aside. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour into skilled and cook until they start to become firm. Add cheese and sauté mix. Fold egg over. Serve with desired toppings like tomatoes or Hollandaise sauce.
- Combine egg yolks, water, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in the bottom of a cup that barely fits the head of an immersion blender. Melt butter in a small saucepan over high heat, swirling constantly, until foaming subsides. Transfer butter to a 1 cup liquid measuring cup.
- Place head of immersion blender into the bottom of the cup and turn it on. With the blender constantly running, slowly pour hot butter into cup. It should emulsify with the egg yolk and lemon juice. Continue pouring until all butter is added. Sauce should be thick and creamy. Season to taste with salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper or hot sauce (if desired). Serve immediately, or transfer to a small lidded pot and keep in a warm place for up to 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with desired toppings like tomatoes or Hollandaise sauce.