Huckleberry Muffins ~ These special muffins were given to me as a gift from my granddaughter after visiting the Garden of The Gods in Colorado. She told me the berries were picked and dried right from the site. The baking mix was completely gluten free and organic and she thought it would be the perfect gift. As I didn’t have baking time today, she prepared these all by herself. The only thing I did was put them in the oven and take them out.
Aren’t they special? She was also the photographer and prepared these images for posting as well as sending this recipe out to you! I hope you make some Huckleberry Muffins soon and let her know if you enjoyed them!
Yield 6 -12
Wild Huckleberries picked in the Garden of the Gods, Colorado are used with a muffin mix to create a sweet flavor of of delicious berries.
- 1 bag Garden of the Gods Huckleberry Muffin Mix
- 3 oz dried huckleberries
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In large mixing bowl add mix, water and berries.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Using a small measuring cup, pour batter into greased muffin tins about 1/3 full.
- Bake in oven at 375° for 20 minutes for 6 large muffins, or 17-18 minutes for regular size muffins.
- Remove when brown on edges and let cool on cooling rack for 15 minutes.
Cooks Note: Any baking mix or cake mix will do. Serve with fresh preaerves or room temperature butter.©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.