Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches Au Jus Crock Pot ~There’s something about a nice warm sandwich leftover from a good meal the night before. Roast beef sandwiches with caramelized onions and horse radish on a fresh baked bun just makes me hungry. Add pickled beets for different taste and texture as well as color and you are all set!
- 1 beef eye of round roast (2½ lb), trimmed of excess fat
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup condensed beef broth (from 10½-oz can)
- 10 kaiser rolls, split, toasted
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 5 slices
- Using sharp knife, make 6 evenly spaced deep slits in beef roast. Insert garlic clove into each slit. Sprinkle pepper evenly over entire beef roast; rub pepper into beef.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, place onion; pour broth over onion. Top with beef.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; place on cutting board. Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Return beef to slow cooker to moisten. Fill each roll with beef, onion and 1 tomato slice. If desired, spoon small amount of broth from slow cooker over beef.
*Lightly spraying the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray before using helps keep cleanup to a minimum.
*Serve these hearty sandwiches with coleslaw or potato salad from the deli, or choose another favorite deli salad instead.
Adapted Betty Crocker