Next game night, instead of having popcorn and candy, have candy popcorn instead! It’s sweet, spicy and salty all at once. And if it makes the wings hot, it will surely be hot for you! If they win, you are going to have to make it every time they play.
Hot Red Wings Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 5.5 oz box Hot Tamales or 3 Alarm Hot Tamales for extra heat!
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place popcorn in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium size non-stick pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add corn syrup, Hot Tamales, mini marshmallows and sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until Hot Tamales have melted completely. This should take about 8 minutes. The mixture will be very sticky. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and stir to completely coat the popcorn. Pour popcorn out onto parchment paper and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.