Hot Fudge Pie Deluxe ~this pie is by far my favorite pie. So much so, I only allow myself to eat it once a year. Packed with chocolate decadence and pecans when served warm it is gooey and rich and cries to be eaten! The ice cream must be put on the side as it melts quickly. The chocolate sauce and whipped cream on top just adds to this treat. When I make this Fudge Pie I magically remove all the fats, sugars and calories so no one has to feel guilty! Want the secret?
Hot Fudge Pie Deluxe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 - 1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler or slowing in a pot over low heat. Remove from heat once the chocolate melts. Stir it often. Chocolate burns and sticks easily.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter extract, and vanilla.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Rub 2 tablespoons of softened butter on the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the butter.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or just until the filling is set. It will be soft to touch.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.