Hot Brownie Cake ~Nothing beats a warm brownie fresh from the pan. Top this ooey-gooey hot fudge brownie cake with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an indulgent treat the whole family will enjoy. Add nuts or fruit on top for added flavor. Go ahead and serve warm. You may just want an extra helping!
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
Hot Brownie Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar divided
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together flour, next 3 ingredients, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Spread batter in a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle over batter in pan. Using a spoon, gently drizzle 1 1/2 cups boiling water over batter, being careful not to disturb layers. (Do not stir.)
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a cake layer forms on top and layer springs back when touched. Let cool on a wire rack 25 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.