Homestyle Chicken and Biscuits can be made as easy as 1,2,3. This casserole is a ONE DISH meal and ready in 30 minutes. True comfort food. This recipe is so popular in my home that I wasn’t even able to get a photo of the plated dish! Your family will fight to get to the table and devour your dinner when they smell the aroma spreading through your home. Make sure to have your spatula in hand to fend them off until you serve.
This recipe was sponsored by Campbell’s Soups. I am sure you can find homemade recipes you can substitute for all your diet restrictions. Turkey also makes a great replacement for the chicken.
Use the downtime while this one-dish meal is in the oven to make a fresh tomato salad. Just slice some tomatoes and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
More comfort food on your mind? Take a look at Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Crescent Ring and BBQ Chicken and Smoked Gouda Mac N’ Cheese with Bacon.
Homestyle Chicken And Biscuits
- 1 Can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Bag (16 ounces) frozen California vegetable blend (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), thawed
- 2 Cans (4.5 ounces each ) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 1 Pkg (7.5 ounces) refrigerated biscuit dough (10 biscuits)
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, milk, cheese and black pepper in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Stir in the vegetables and chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the chicken mixture.
- Top the chicken mixture with the biscuits. WARNING: I used grands size biscuits here for convenience. They were still a bit doughy even though golden brown.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.