We were treated to an early anniversary meal the other night and I was shocked and surprised by the meal, the amount of food, and the ambience of this little hole in the wall restaurant. This meal, fit for a king and queen, took almost two hours to
devour eat. We started with a glass of wine which I haven’t had in over 40 years. (I am definitely a beer girl). I learned that I love Pies Porter water wine. Next was the WARM homemade bread and. breadsticks, an antipasto tray, Italian salad with homemade dressing, a bowl of this Minestrone Soup, and a dish of spaghetti with homemade noodles and marinara sauce! All this before the main entree. But that is another recipe all by itself so stay tuned!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent
For more soup ideas see my Mushroom Soup Marsala, Wild Rice and Mushroom Or Hearty Minestrone
Hearty Minestrone Soup
- 3 cans 14.5-ounce cans ready-to-use, sodium-free beef broth
- 1 can 15-ounce can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can 20-ounce can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 can 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients except macaroni. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then stir in macaroni.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.