We were treated to an early anniversary meal the other night and I was shocked and surprised by the meal, the amount of food, and the ambience of this little hole in the wall restaurant. This meal, fit for a king and queen, took almost two hours to
devour eat. We started with a glass of wine which I haven’t had in over 40 years. (I am definitely a beer girl). I learned that I love Pies Porter water wine. Next was the WARM homemade bread and. breadsticks, an antipasti tray, Italian salad with homemade dressing, a bowl of this Minestrone Soup, and a dish of spaghetti with homemade noodles and marinara sauce! All this before the main entree. But that is another recipe all by itself so stay tuned!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent
For more soup ideas see my Mushroom Soup Marsala, Wild Rice and Mushroom Or Hearty Minestrone
Hearty Minestrone Soup
Full of good veggies, herbs and diabetic friendly! ready in under an hour!
- 3 cans (14.5-ounce) cans ready-to-use, sodium-free beef broth
- 1 can (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (20-ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 can (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients except macaroni. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then stir in macaroni.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0.2 g
Sodium 484 mg
Total Carbohydrates 48 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 11 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.