If you haven’t noticed by now, it is pumpkin-spice season. Companies are turning every food product into a pumpkin-flavored commodity. It is a sign of autumn and cooler weather, and many coffee shops use this to their advantage by creating decadent pumpkin-flavored drinks. Pumpkin is actually a very healthful vegetable. It is high in the antioxidant beta-carotene, which can help fight cancer. Instead of a pumpkin spice latte, try this pumpkin smoothie—using REAL pumpkin! And because of the health advantages you can drink as many as you like!
This smoothie goes great with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
For more pumpkin recipes see The Great Pumpkin Roundup
Vegan and Gluten Free! Instead of a pumpkin spice latte, try this pumpkin smoothie.
- 1 15- ounce can pumpkin purée
- 2 cups plant milk of your choice or to taste
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or to taste
Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until everything is incorporated.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice in place of pumpkin pie spice
- Add banana for a different taste.
- Use almond or soy milk.
- Use your fresh pumpkin from the holiday.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.