If you haven’t noticed by now, it is pumpkin-spice season. Companies are turning every food product into a pumpkin-flavored commodity. It is a sign of autumn and cooler weather, and many coffee shops use this to their advantage by creating decadent pumpkin-flavored drinks. Pumpkin is actually a very healthful vegetable. It is high in the antioxidant beta-carotene, which can help fight cancer. Instead of a pumpkin spice latte, try this pumpkin smoothie—using REAL pumpkin! And because of the health advantages you can drink as many as you like!
Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- 15 ounce can pumpkin purée
- 2 cups plant milk of your choice or to taste
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or to taste
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until everything is incorporated.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice in place of pumpkin pie spice
- Add banana for a different taste.
- Use almond or soy milk.
- Use your fresh pumpkin from the holiday.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.