Grilled Pork and Sweet Potato Kabobs ~Rosemary infused marmalade gives great flavor to pretty sweet potatoes, zucchini and pork. These are delicious! I used onion & garlic marinated pork and added sweet onion pieces and green, red & yellow bell pepper pieces to the kabobs. The marinade tastes wonderful. These kabobs were a real kid-pleaser.
For more Father’s Day ideas see Dad’s Day Delights
Grilled Pork and Sweet Potato Kabobs
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb dark-orange sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini cut into 8 slices
- Onion and garlic to taste
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-quart saucepan, heat marmalade, rosemary and salt to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, place sweet potato pieces and water. Cover loosely with microwavable paper towel. Microwave on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once, just until potatoes are tender (do not overcook). Drain sweet potatoes; rinse with cold water.
- On each of four 10- to 12-inch metal skewers, carefully thread pork, sweet potatoes and zucchini (with cut side facing out) and each of the peppers alternately, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece.
- Cover and grill kabobs over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once and brushing with marmalade glaze during last 3 minutes, until pork is no pink in center.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.