Grilled Pork and Sweet Potato Kabobs ~Rosemary infused marmalade gives great flavor to pretty sweet potatoes, zucchini and pork. These are delicious! I used onion & garlic marinated pork and added sweet onion pieces and green, red & yellow bell pepper pieces to the kabobs. The marinade tastes wonderful. These kabobs were a real kid-pleaser.
For more Father’s Day ideas see Dad’s Day Delights
Grilled Pork and Sweet Potato Kabobs
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb dark-orange sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini cut into 8 slices
- Onion and garlic to taste
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In 1-quart saucepan, heat marmalade, rosemary and salt to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, place sweet potato pieces and water. Cover loosely with microwavable paper towel. Microwave on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once, just until potatoes are tender (do not overcook). Drain sweet potatoes; rinse with cold water.
- On each of four 10- to 12-inch metal skewers, carefully thread pork, sweet potatoes and zucchini (with cut side facing out) and each of the peppers alternately, leaving 1/4-inch space between each piece.
- Cover and grill kabobs over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once and brushing with marmalade glaze during last 3 minutes, until pork is no pink in center.