Do you get as excited as I do when grilling season comes around? With a working farm just down the street the first crop of the season is asparagus. This is the time when my prodigal son returns for the life of “eating at mom’s” every Sunday. This is my time to be able to cook the meals I love and set another plate or two at the table. The meals of sausage, salmon, hot dogs, chicken, burgers, fresh veggies, sautéed mushrooms and onions become common and the fresh summer sides overflow my counter. Sports is on the television and conversations take place in the kitchen and living area. And in case you are wondering, when I get a good big fire going in the grill I do go overboard and make enough variety for the week! Yum!
Learn how to Store Greens for later.
Grilled Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Toss asparagus and olive oil in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and salt onto asparagus until evenly distributed.
- Place asparagus spears on grill crosswise. Cook until tips are almost blackened, 20 minutes; turning spears over after 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.