Do you get as excited as I do when grilling season comes around? With a working farm just down the street the first crop of the season is asparagus. This is the time when my prodigal son returns for the life of “eating at mom’s” every Sunday. This is my time to be able to cook the meals I love and set another plate or two at the table. The meals of sausage, salmon, hot dogs, chicken, burgers, fresh veggies, sautéed mushrooms and onions become common and the fresh summer sides overflow my counter. Sports is on the television and conversations take place in the kitchen and living area. And in case you are wondering, when I get a good big fire going in the grill I do go overboard and make enough variety for the week! Yum!
For more Father’s Day ideas see Dad’s Day Delights
Grilled Parmesan Asparagus
Delicious crispy asparagus grilled on an open flame releases the flavor and makes kids love their veggies! You can add or reduce cook time to your liking. Less time will make the asparagus snap more easily, but cooking longer will make them extra crispy and delicious for dipping. Use 1/2 cup melted butter for dipping.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Toss asparagus and olive oil in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and salt onto asparagus until evenly distributed.
- Place asparagus spears on grill crosswise. Cook until tips are almost blackened, 20 minutes; turning spears over after 10 minutes.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 2 pieces
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.