This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad is as tasty as it is pretty. The salad is healthy and I am excited it uses romaine instead of iceberg lettuce. We sometimes make this with spinach also. I included the recipe for seasoning and grilling your own chopped chicken breasts. I frequently use the already grilled chicken strips or leftover turkey for a quicker preparation.
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- 4 8 ounce Boneless chicken breasts Sliced
- 1 Small Onion Sliced into rings, optional
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cloves Garlic Smashed
- 1/4 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground pepper
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Hearts Romaine lettuce Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Jar Pickled beets Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Crumbled blue cheese
- Pound the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with a mallet or heavy skillet until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Transfer to a large bowl and add the onion, 3/4 cup buttermilk, the garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.Chop the bacon.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and cook 10 minutes, drain and let cool.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Lightly brush with vegetable oil. Drain the chicken and onion, discarding the garlic; pat the chicken dry. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken, turning once, until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Grill the onion, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, about 10 minutes; roughly chop.
- Peel and slice the hard-boiled eggs. Toss the romaine and grilled onion in a large bowl. Divide among plates. Top with the salad and bacon. Insert beets,avocado, and hard-boiled eggs around the edges of the salad. Top with blue cheese and chicken. Add dressing of your choice.
- 1 cup milk (whole, 2%, or heavy cream)
- 1 TBS lemon juice or vinegar
:OPTIONAL:Skip steps 1 and 4 and Use precooked chicken strips found in the refrigerator section of your market.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.