This Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad is as tasty as it is pretty. The salad is healthy and I am excited it uses romaine instead of iceberg lettuce. We sometimes make this with spinach also. I included the recipe for seasoning and grilling your own chopped chicken breasts. I frequently use the already grilled chicken strips or leftover turkey for a quicker preparation.
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- 4 8 ounce Boneless chicken breasts Sliced
- 1 Small Onion Sliced into rings, optional
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cloves Garlic Smashed
- 1/4 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground pepper
- 4 Slices Bacon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Hearts Romaine lettuce Chopped
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Jar Pickled beets Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Crumbled blue cheese
- Pound the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap with a mallet or heavy skillet until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Transfer to a large bowl and add the onion, 3/4 cup buttermilk, the garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.Chop the bacon.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and cook 10 minutes, drain and let cool.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Lightly brush with vegetable oil. Drain the chicken and onion, discarding the garlic; pat the chicken dry. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken, turning once, until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Grill the onion, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, about 10 minutes; roughly chop.
- Peel and slice the hard-boiled eggs. Toss the romaine and grilled onion in a large bowl. Divide among plates. Top with the salad and bacon. Insert beets,avocado, and hard-boiled eggs around the edges of the salad. Top with blue cheese and chicken. Add dressing of your choice.
- 1 cup milk (whole, 2%, or heavy cream)
- 1 TBS lemon juice or vinegar
:OPTIONAL:Skip steps 1 and 4 and Use precooked chicken strips found in the refrigerator section of your market.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.