I have a HUGE CONFESSION. I just can’t stop making sugar cookie dough. No, I don’t bake it all at once, but there is always some frozen cookie dough dough in my freezer. Especially sugar cookies. They only take a few minutes to thaw, about 15, and 6 minutes to bake! And you can decorate and shape them any way you want! These of course are for St Paddy’s Day, but you and do ANYTHING with the decorations. Great to have for amy emergency. A sick child? Sudden play date? An I’m sorry moment? How about PMS? Uh, oh, I have a craving? Need to make something for. Forgotten promise? Did I mention PMS? Well, you get the picture! Enjoy a cookie today! Let me know what your excuse is!Need a cookie in a hurry? Make a batch of Sugar Cookies or pull the dough from the freezer! Click To Tweet
Green St Patrick Day Sugar Cookies
Need a cookie in a hurry? Make a batch of Sugar Cookies or pull the dough from the freezer!
- 2 pouches Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (16 TBS)
- 6 TBS green colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add cookie mix, eggs and butter. Beat on low about 2 minutes until well blended.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Using a 1 inch cookie baller roll cookies into ball. Shake each ball in bag of green sugar until covered.
- Place on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until cookie rises. Do not over bake. Cookie may still look white but will continue to cook while cooling on baking pan.
- Remove cookie from pan after cool.