Trying to create a mouthwatering and delicious green food is as hard as making blue food look appetizing. After many tries I decided the darker green looked more appealing to the eye. This bread recipe requires no yeast and literally comes together as quickly as a cake batter. No need to decorate or frost as the sweet addition of the cinnamon sugar adds all it needs.
Green Pistachio Sweet Bread
Yield 2 loaves
This Green Sweet Bread is more of a dessert type loaf than a sandwich bread, it is moist and light and not thick like a banana bread.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg instant pistachio pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5-10 drops of food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Mix above well. Generously grease 2 loaf pans.
- Dust with a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon.
- Reserve remaining sugar mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mix on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. (or til done)
- Remove immediately and place on a colling rack until cool.
- I always let the pans stand on a cooling rack for about 30-60 minutes or until the loaves are cool to the touch. Then I run a knife along the edges and flip the pan, tapping the bottom to release the loaf. Put a loaf in a loose plastic bag or place in foil. This bread can also be refrigerated.
I use natural food coloring by India Tree found at Health Food Stores and on Amazon.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 160 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 2.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.