Trying to create a mouthwatering and delicious green food is as hard as making blue food look appetizing. After many tries I decided the darker green looked more appealing to the eye. This bread recipe requires no yeast and literally comes together as quickly as a cake batter. No need to decorate or frost as the sweet addition of the cinnamon sugar adds all it needs.
Green Pistachio Sweet Bread
Yield 2 loaves
This Green Pistachio Sweet Bread is more of a dessert type loaf than a sandwich bread, it is moist and light and not thick like a banana bread.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg instant pistachio pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5-10 drops of food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Mix above well. Generously grease 2 loaf pans.
- Dust with a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon.
- Reserve remaining sugar mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mix on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. (or til done)
- Remove immediately from pans and place in plastic baggies and refrigerate!
Tips:I use natural food coloring by India Tree found at Health Food Stores and on Amazon.