Trying to create a mouthwatering and delicious green food is as hard as making blue food look appetizing. After many tries I decided the darker green looked more appealing to the eye. This bread recipe requires no yeast and literally comes together as quickly as a cake batter. No need to decorate or frost as the sweet addition of the cinnamon sugar adds all it needs.
Green Pistachio Sweet Bread
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg instant pistachio pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5-10 drops of food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Mix above well. Generously grease 2 loaf pans.
- Dust with a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon.
- Reserve remaining sugar mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mix on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. (or til done)
- Remove immediately and place on a colling rack until cool.
- I always let the pans stand on a cooling rack for about 30-60 minutes or until the loaves are cool to the touch. Then I run a knife along the edges and flip the pan, tapping the bottom to release the loaf. Put a loaf in a loose plastic bag or place in foil. This bread can also be refrigerated.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.