Trying to create a mouthwatering and delicious green food is as hard as making blue food look appetizing. After many tries I decided the darker green looked more appealing to the eye. This bread recipe requires no yeast and literally comes together as quickly as a cake batter. No need to decorate or frost as the sweet addition of the cinnamon sugar adds all it needs.Make this yeast free sweet bread the focus of your holiday table! #green #bread #pistachioClick To Tweet
Green Pistachio Sweet Bread
Yield 2 loaves
This Green Pistachio Sweet Bread is more of a dessert type loaf than a sandwich bread, it is moist and light and not thick like a banana bread.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg instant pistachio pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5-10 drops of food coloring
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Mix above well. Generously grease 2 loaf pans.
- Dust with a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon.
- Reserve remaining sugar mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mix on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. (or til done)
- Remove immediately from pans and place in plastic baggies and refrigerate!
Tips:I use natural food coloring by India Tree found at Health Food Stores and on Amazon.