The veggie casserole is probably one of the earliest dishes in the memories of family celebrations. For my family it was originally discovered by my mom out of an old magazine from the 50’s. It was rediscovered when I was looking for a casserole recipe on the label of a French’s Onion can. I decided at Thanksgiving to bring back the long forgotten tradition of making the Green Bean Casserole for our family meal. I know millions of you make this dish and also have fond memories of past family gatherings with many great dishes being served. Why don’t you share one in the comments section below the recipe! I love to hear about everyones traditions and memories.
Green Bean Casserole
The veggie casserole is probably one of the earliest dishes in the memories of family celebrations.
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Green Giant™ French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (2.8 oz) Durkee's French-fried onions
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 1 1/2-quart casserole or glass baking dish, mix green beans, soup and milk.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, topping with onions during last 5 minutes of baking, until bubbly.
Recipe from Just About Everywhere.©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.