This classic Greek salad recipe consist of tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, feta, oregano and gets a crunchy boost from romaine lettuce. Try it with some braised lamb, grilled chicken strips, or beets as a starter for your next Greek meal. This Greek Salad and dressing is one of the best I have eaten. My family loves all the fixings but I prefer just feta and beets. All your salad lovers will love how versatile this salad can be. To go along with a Greek Salad choose, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, or Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Try it with some braised lamb, grilled chicken strips, or beets as a starter for your next Greek meal.
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce torn into bite-size pieces, washed, and dried
- 2 medium tomatoes cored, seeded, and large dice
- 1 medium English cucumber large dice
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 medium lemon, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese about 2 1/2 ounces
- add choice of meat I like grilled chicken strips or braised lamb
- add fresh or jars of beets I use pickled beets and save the juice for another day to taste.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and onion; set aside.
Place the oil, measured lemon juice, oregano, measured salt, and pepper to taste in a small, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine.
Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Taste and season with additional lemon juice, salt, or pepper as needed.
Sprinkle with the feta. Top with your choice of meat or beets to taste.
- My choice of add-ons is grilled chicken strips and pickled beets from a jar. I keep the juice for future use to flavor other dishes and reduce the water needed.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.