I love this recipe. Besides being Gluten Free, it also incorporates fresh strawberries and bananas on top of the waffle. There is no need to add butter or syrup or even whip cream! This easy to make waffle is fast as well as delicious. The healthy waffle dry mix can be made ahead of time and stored in your pantry. Just add the wet ingredients and feed you hungry family!! Warm waffles and fruit make an excellent dinner also for those cooler fall and winter days. After a long workday and dragging kids to their after school activities this waffle is a welcome choice for the dinner table.
Gluten Free Waffles With Fresh Banana And Strawberries
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tbs granulated sugar
- 4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 2 Medium eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil of choice
- 4 small bananas, sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Preheat a non stick waffle iron. Spray with non stick spray like Pam.
- Pour the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in vanilla, eggs, milk, and oil. Mix just until the batter is smooth.
- Pour mix onto hot waffle iron, approximately 1/4 cup of batter for small square waffles. Cook until golden brown.
- Remove waffle from waffle iron.
- Top with sliced bananas around the outside edges. Place sliced strawberries in the middle.
- Serve hot.