Gluten Free Raspberry Ginger Muffins ~these raspberry ginger muffins can be made with fresh or frozen raspberries. You may substitute and fruit you wish if raspberries are out of season or you prefer a different taste. I also made them with orange marmalade and reduced the brown sugar to taste. The best part of these muffins is they are Gluten Free when prepared as directed.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups plus 1 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 1½ cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2 standard 6-cup muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Whisk baking powder, salt, and 1½ cups flour in a medium bowl. Whisk egg, brown sugar, butter, milk, and ginger in a large bowl; mix in dry ingredients.
- Toss raspberries with remaining 1 Tbsp. flour in a small bowl; gently fold into batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 25–30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in pan before serving.
Muffins can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Recipe Image Source: Bon Appetit