Gluten Free Ranch Dip ~If you’re going on a picnic or just relaxing around the house, have some washed and cut veggies ready to go along with a tasty homemade dip. Hidden Valley Ranch made famous ‘Ranch’ dip and dressing with their original buttermilk secret recipe over 50 years ago. I may not invented but its still pretty darn yummy.
Need more Game Day ideas? Click on my 10 Game Day Treats for more.
Gluten Free Ranch Dip
If you're going on a picnic or just relaxing around the house, have some washed and cut veggies ready to go along with a tasty homemade dip. Hidden Valley Ranch made famous 'Ranch' dip and dressing with their original buttermilk secret recipe over 50 years ago. I may not invented but its still pretty darn yummy.
- ¾ cup GF sour cream (or buttermilk/alternative for dressing)
- ¾ cup GF mayonnaise or Vegan Mayonnaise
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk the mayo and the buttermilk together until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season with pepper and additional salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors blend.
To use fresh herbs instead, mince the herbs finely, and use 3 times as much (e.g. 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, 1 ½ teaspoons fresh marjoram and thyme).
To Make Buttermilk: put ¾ Tbsp vinegar into measuring cup and add whole milk (or milk alternative) to bring to ¾ cup - let stand 5 minutes.
For dairy-free version, replace sour cream with silken tofu (blended until smooth in a blender)-For salad dressing, replace sour cream with buttermilk (or milk alternative)
Adapted from Gluten Free Club
Serving Size 1 TBS
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 120 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1 g
Sugars 0.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.