I have made ham in many different ways. My family favorite though is a boneless ham.
You will see this recipe on my table for every holiday or large family gathering.
Not only is is delicious but it is fast and only requires 3 ingredients. This includes the ham itself!!
This recipe is great for diabetics. Just switch out the brown sugar for Sukrin Gold. You can find it on Amazon. Of course any other sugar free brown sugar is good. I have even substituted maple syrup on a 1:1 measurement.
There will be plenty of liquid to cook the ham. And there will also be some leftover too!
Ginger Baked Ham
- 8 lbs 6-8 pounds half boneless ham or 6 -8 lbs semi boneless ham
- 1 can 12 OZ. can ginger ale (not sugar free)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or sugar free alternative
- Preheat oven to 315° F
- Place ham in baking dish or roasting pan.
- Score ham diagonally both ways about 1/8" in.
- Pour ginger ale over top.
- Pat brown sugar all over top and sides of ham.
- Bake according to ham package directions. Usually 20 minutes per pound at 325 degree. let cool and serve.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.