This is the second of four recipes I made for the Post Cereal Company. I started out with six chicken breast tenders.in a small bowl I added flour and salt and pepper. In another bowl, i put a beaten egg and water. In a third bowl I added a mix bread crumbs, cereal, cheese and cayenne pepper.
Fruity Pebbles Crusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken Tenders Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 - 1/4 Pounds chicken breast tenders
Apricot Barbecue Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water. In third shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, cereal, cheese and cayenne pepper. Lightly season both sides of each chicken tender with salt, coat chicken with flour mixture; dip into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine apricot jam and barbecue sauce. Serve chicken tenders with dipping sauce.