I was recently approached by the Post Cereal Team to make some recipe creations on their behalf. I was excited to do it!
The cereal used in this recipe was Fruity Pebbles. See these Post Cereal recipe reviews. Fruity Pebbles Ceral Milk Donuts and Fruity Pebbles Crusted Chicken Tenders
For more donut recipes see Donuts Galore!
Fruity Pebbles Cereal Milk Donuts
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons “cereal” milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles
for the doughnuts:
- Combine milk and Fruity Pebbles in a cereal bowl. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Strain out milk, measuring 3/4 cup for the doughnuts and reserving the rest for the glaze. (Discard cereal.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add reserved cereal milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Beat until just combined. Spoon doughnut batter in a gallon-size plastic zip top bag. Cut off a 1/2 inch piece from one corner. Pipe into each doughnut cup.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
for the glaze:
- In small bowl, stir together sugar, reserved cereal milk and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved. Use immediately to glaze donuts. Sprinkle top with Fruity Pebbles cereal. Serve immediately.