Fruity Pebble Donuts ~Do you like pretty treats that depict your inner being? Some kind of frilly sweet and pastel goodie? Well, I wouldn’t go that far every day but they do have a place in my life. Like a little girls birthday or a girl scout meeting when it is your turn to bring the snack. These adorable and delicious donuts are great for those occasions. The buttercream filling with crushed fruity pebbles seem to appeal to the inner cereal eater in kids and adults alike. You have to give these a try for a simple and different treat.
For more donut recipes see Donuts Galore!
Fruity Pebble Donuts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar/powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg, milk, and butter with a stand or hand mixer.
- Use a medium bowl to combine the flour, baking powder, and salt with a fork.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl. For the best results and easier stirring, sift a small amount at a time in between stirring.
- Add the vanilla and cereal in last. Combine everything just until mixed, never over mix it.
- Fill a doughnut pan. Add the batter to the cavities of the pan, about 3/4 full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool. Leave them in the pan for a few minutes.
- Transfer the doughnuts to a wire cooling rack. Set aside for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, use a spoon to thoroughly whip everything until you achieve a smooth mixture.
- Dip the doughnuts into the frosting.
- Before the frosting sets, sprinkle the cup of cereal on top of it.